Saturday, January 26, 2013

What's It Like Outside?

I hate snow
Spring is too cold...rainy...short
I like summer but this heat is killing me
We are all sick because the weather cant make up its mind if it will be hot or cold…




Well…
People have copious opinions about the weather. It amuses me to hear people make it a topic in everything from polite conversation to vehement verdicts. I mean it is just the weather.
As God said, “Did you make it?”

“Have you entered the storehouses of the snow…
Who gives birth to the frost from the heavens
when the waters become hard as stone,
when the surface of the deep is frozen? Job 38: 22, 29-30


I am a bit perplexed when people hate something like this so emphatically. The way I look at it is like this: God made this world and everything in it. And it is good. So I look for the good in each day He gives me.

May I challenge you to do the same?
Look for the Creative Creator in a sparkling never repeated magical fall of snowflakes.
Soak in His luxurious love as you feel the tangible heat of a humid blaze of sun.
Lift your face to the breath of His Spirit as a spectrum of leaves dance around you.
Remember His eternal promises as beauty is born anew through a spring rain.
Experience His power as you fear coming storms.
Know His touch as grey catfooted fog slips in at the end of the day.

He who created us to learn in so many ways just wants to teach us through the novelty of each new day. Don’t take for granted the hand of the Creator. He has fashioned this day just for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment